Work Hard, Be Kind
Each phase takes part in a number of themes throughout the year. Lessons and topics are linked to these themes where possible to provide cross curricular opportunities and also allow children to apply learning in a variety of ways. When subjects are not linked to themes, they are taught discretely to ensure the National Curriculum is delivered. Each phase includes two cycles so as children progress through the school they take part in all themes. Please see below for The Revel's theme map.
The Revel theme map
As a proud Church of England School, our Christian Values lie at the heart of all that we do. Our school ethos, which underpins every element of our curriculum, supports children in developing a mindset that will improve their relationships with others and build confidence in their own abilities. Opportunities are woven into the curriculum to promote emotional health and resilience in pupils.
The caring, supportive and stimulating environment with high quality teaching fosters in each child:
• A high level of skills in English, Mathematics and Science as well as other foundation subjects
• A high standard in English and Mathematics in preparation for their next stage of education
• An enquiring mind which wants to learn more each day
• Independent young people who are confident, flexible and able to cooperate with others
• Imaginative and creative learners
• Conscientious citizens of our multi-cultural society who are tolerant and respective of others’ values
• Pride in achievement and a desire to succeed and be successful
The Revel’s curriculum, including outdoor learning opportunities, after school clubs and other opportunities within the arts, sees children and families enthusiastic about school. Children talk enthusiastically about their school and attendance is above national levels.